Technical Data Analyst
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive, and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Technical Data Analyst is technical role responsible for detailed data analysis and utilization of technical tools to ensure overall organization objectives can be achieved. This position reports to the Director, Data Services.
- Uphold a data architecture that supports strategic and business goals.
- Create Reporting solutions that meet the needs of the business objectives.
- Analyze and interpret data in existing databases to support projects and resolve data issues.
- Strong knowledge of database reporting tools e.g., Microsoft Power BI
- Solve problems by interpreting SQL stored procedures and by analyzing data
- Map source system data, to data warehouse and downstream applications.
- Perform gap and impact analysis.
- Interview business users to gain an in depth understanding of strategic/business direction.
- Gather requirements for data warehouse and other data solutions.
- Perform project artifact (specifications, models etc) reviews with the business, development team and QA analysts.
- Take ownership and drive all assigned tasks to completion according to project plan.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of our Annuity and Life business and support systems.
- Create well-written, clear, concise and above all accurate document artifacts including specifications, gap analysis documents, mapping documents and process diagrams for the purposes of data warehouse construction and reporting.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in IT as a Data Analyst.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to understand how data relates to source systems, its relevance to our upstream and downstream applications.
- Solid understanding of SQL, SSIS, stored procedures, Power BI, ad-hoc query development.
- Comprehensive understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to document requirements for data extraction and develop transformation rules in accordance with business requirements.
- Understanding of Annuity and Life Insurance.
- Ability to provide functional and data requirements documents.
- Solid team player.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written as well as exemplary organizational skills
- An understanding of or a background in development.