Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Gainbridge, a part of the Group 1001 enterprise, is a self-managed, innovative, digital platform providing its clients with direct access to trusted financial products to smartly grow their savings over time. Gainbridge strives to offer products through its platform that are simple, intuitive, and backed by smart technology with no complexity or hidden fees. Gainbridge empowers clients to take control of the financial future with simple solutions that are accessible to everyone no matter their budget.
We are looking for an experienced API Engineer to help our growing Engineering team build world class solutions and deliver results for the business. You will work with our API Architect and Engineering leadership to meet the high standards of leading financial institutions. You are comfortable with greenfield environments and look forward to helping define what API Engineering means at Gainbridge.
You enjoy working as part of a team to build new solutions and meet high standards. You hold yourself and others accountable for routinely delivering mission critical outcomes. You are viewed as a trusted, intellectually honest partner within your team and across functional boundaries. You continually ask yourself, “What is accurate and what should be done about it?”
- Build world class solutions via APIs, microservices, and services
- Collaborate with product managers and make technical decisions
- Ownership software development process: Work with architect and development managers to prioritize features, estimate work
- Groom the Scrum Backlog
- Unit testing, integration testing, and detailed CICD Markdown
- 3+ years of proven experience delivering APIs with architectural guidance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge in the following technology:
- Object-oriented language such as Java, Scala, or Kotlin
- Spring Boot with VertX, Jetty, or Apache
- Relational databases such as Postgres, MariaDB, MySQL, or Oracle
- Schema migrations, stored procedures, functions and object to schema mapping for high performance
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Git, and GitLab
- Experience working in leading financial services organizations and startups, a plus
- NOSQL experience such as Mongo, Cassandra, or Redis, a bonus