Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
This position will be responsible for assisting with the analysis of our in-force block of business and developing recommendations for assumption setting. This individual will be an integral part of the Experience Analysis Team and have opportunities to participate in developing, designing, automating, and implementing key metrics and insights regarding mortality, persistency and policy utilization for our annuity and life business.
This position reports to the Head of In-force Analytics – Experience Analysis Team
- Assist with the completion of annual experience studies.
- Develop automated repeatable transparent processes to streamline the experience analysis function.
- Analyze historical experience and compare to modeling assumptions; formulate assumption recommendations.
- Work with the Model Development, Model Production, and Product Management teams on assumption setting.
- Document and present experience studies to the Model Risk Committee.
- Maintain and develop monthly or quarterly reports to monitor company experience.
- Explore implementation of predictive analytics to enhance the company’s ability to leverage historical experience in assumption setting and modeling processes.
- Assist with the development competitor product offering database.
- Provide vision and recommendations on how to improve the efficiency of our annual experience studies.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Two+ years years of experience in Actuarial or Data Science field.
- Two+ years years of experience working in the insurance industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, math, or related field.
- Proficiency in Excel (including VBA) and database tools (Microsoft Access, SQL, etc.)
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language such as SAS, Python or R.
- SAS experience preferred.
- Experience in annuities (FA, FIA, VA) and life products or experience studies preferred.
- Experience in developing relational data model preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team player with strong resilience and adaptability skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities.