Investment Operations Intern
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
As an Investment Operations Intern, you will gain an overview of the investment industry and the role investment operations plays in investing for an insurance company. You will work with various levels throughout our organization (internal and external) and play an integral role training and then applying your education and new skills in a variety of tasks. In addition, you will gain exposure to core, industry best practice investment systems such as BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg, etc.
This meaningful experience will provide you with a complete background for a successful career in Investments.
- You will learn and participate in the Investment process through:
- Trade and Security Support (Trade verification & communication, Cash Reporting, FX)
- Derivatives Support (Margins, Collateral, Settlements)
- Portfolio Support (Corporate Actions, Reconciliations)
- Reporting (Positions and Exposures)
- Actively collaborate with a variety of internal business partners to complete daily responsibilities and project work
- Provide deadline-driven communication to front-office (portfolio managers, traders), middle-office (Operations) and back-office (accounting), and external parties (brokers, custodians)
- Optimize a process (research, documentation, and working with IT developers to automate)
- Current student working towards an undergraduate degree in: Finance, Accounting, Actuarial or equivalent experience.
- Prior work experience preferred
- Ability to communicate and work in collaboration in a professional and timely manner
- Detail-oriented, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions