Stars Operational Performance Manager
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina and offers Medicare Prescription Drug Plans in 42 states plus DC.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Medicare Advantage marketplace is constantly changing. This Manager of Stars position will be fully integrated into the Stars taskforce program under the guidance of the consulting team at Clear Spring Health. The team member will take an oversight and learning role regarding all of the fundamentals of the Star Ratings program, working with the consulting SMEs over a learning period. Together with the consulting team, the manager will help build and implement a fully functioning Stars program to achieve internal goals. The successful candidate will take part in project management, committee task force meetings, the build and oversight of reporting, compliance, and roadmap planning and execution. They will work collaboratively across multiple functional areas to align resources and effort around the achievement of the plan. Success for this individual is defined as gaining deep knowledge of all things Stars related from our expert consulting team, take on the full responsibilities of this function, and continue on the work toward a highly rated Medicare Advantage plan.
This leader will demonstrate superior capabilities in leadership, driving strategy development and execution, strong influencing skills, business owner mindset and the ability to successfully lead in ambiguous and changing markets. A highly motivated future leader must have a strong business and project management skills.
- Creates a deep SME understanding of all items related to Star Rating measures, calculations, regulations, oversight, and timelines.
- Oversees the creation of the vision and strategy for the company’s Star Rating initiatives and once fully trained, will take ownership of strategy.
- Work toward achieving company goal of 4+ Star Rating across all Medicare Advantage markets for Clear Spring Health.
- Monitors business performance and external market activity and adjusts strategy accordingly.
- Learn, help build and over time manage reporting for department in use for management and executive leadership.
- Take part in and over time lead all Star committee and sub-committee groups for strategic oversight.
- Post-graduation of leadership program, the individual will take on the full responsibilities of the Star Rating program as program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required, however MBA or other advanced graduate degrees preferred
- 3 plus years working in Medicare Advantage
- 3 plus years working in Star Ratings and Quality with track record and deep understanding of HEDIS, CAHPS, Drug Adherence, and Member Experience.
- 3 plus years working in Healthcare
- Leadership experience required, healthcare is preferred
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- High level of tenacity and a hard working attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.