Associate Director, Financial Reporting
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Finance Department is currently seeking an Associate Director of Financial Reporting (“Associate Director”) with strong accounting, problem-solving, and communication skills for our Zionsville, IN location. The Associate Director will take a leading role in completing a variety of detailed accounting and financial reporting activities including but not limited to recording, processing, and summarizing information for financial accounting and reporting, maintaining various account balances, and assisting management. This role supports the Life & Annuity financial reporting function.
The position presents an opportunity to join a very collaborative team in a fast-paced and dynamic multi-company environment which will allow you to learn and grow your knowledge of accounting concepts and practices.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements, statutory quarterly and annual statement filings, and other regulatory filings in a multi-company environment
- Develops new and ad hoc accounting reports as necessary
- Works across departments, including by not limited to the investments, actuarial and tax departments, to facilitate the monthly financial statement close process
- Performs data entries including general recurring journals and other miscellaneous adjusting journal entries
- Reviews general ledger entries made by junior staff
- Prepares and reviews complex general ledger account reconciliations
- Develop and maintain key financial processes, procedures, and internal control documentation
- Performs research to determine appropriate accounting and reporting, as necessary
- Performs ad-hoc financial analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and reporting
- Experience with statutory accounting and the life insurance industry
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Experience with statutory reporting software (Wings, eFreedom) a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of computer applications, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong work professional work ethic, integrity, and team-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ownership and accountability
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written