Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Market Risk
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Risk Management team provides expertise in effective enterprise risk management (ERM) governance, practices, and implementation in support of the Company’s ERM framework and objectives. The Company seeks to develop, implement, and continually improve risk management practices at all levels of the organization. The Risk Management team complements first-line management activities in the oversight and management of risk.
The VP, Market Risk is aligned with the management of risks related to the Company’s asset/liability position products. The person in this role leads the governance and oversight of market risk related to the Company’s asset portfolios, liability products, derivative strategies, and overall asset/liability position. This role also provides leadership in credit risk related to invested assets. This person ensures that material and relevant market and credit risks are identified, assessed, monitored, managed, and reported across the Company’s business operations.
In this position, the VP, Market Risk recommends, advises, and provides support in the effective implementation of ERM related to asset/liability management, derivative strategies, and credit portfolio.
Leadership and Expertise
- Serve as head of market and credit risk management for the Company, leading continual improvement in market risk and credit risk management practices.
- Develop and maintain risk policies and supporting documentation in conjunction with risk owners for market and credit risks.
- Proactively work with investments, product areas, treasury function, and others to incorporate risk management practices in asset/liability management activities.
- Support the liquidity and capital management function in effective liquidity risk management practices and monitoring.
- Review, monitor, and report on derivative transactions, strategies, and operations in support of the Company’s derivative use plans.
- Oversee and deliver reports of market and credit risk to the Company’s risk committees.
- Monitor and report on emerging and developing risks, and support management responses to identified risks.
- Conduct and support quantitative market and credit risk analysis, including prospective financial risk assessments.
- Coordinate with the asset/liability management and modeling teams to support best practices in advanced analytical and modeling techniques.
- Partner with the investments teams to support development of advanced credit risk analyses.
- Conduct independent reviews of quantitative and hedging models.
- Recommend strategies to mitigate and manage significant market and credit risks.
- Support the Company’s own risk and solvency assessments, providing expertise in both qualitative risk assessment and quantitative risk analyses.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or equivalent fellowship designation required.
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst, Chartered Financial Analyst, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in enterprise risk management or asset/liability management in an insurance company.
- Exceptional financial and quantitative modeling skills.
- Familiarity with regulatory aspects of annuities, institutional products, and life insurance products.
- Solid background in derivatives operations, analysis, reporting, and regulatory requirements.
- Strong communication and project management skills.