Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001 is a financial service enterprise on a mission to set a new standard in the insurance industry by making insurance more useful and intuitive for everyone. Group 1001’s insurance brands include Delaware Life, Gainbridge, Clear Spring Health, Clear Spring Insurance, and Clear Spring Life. Group 1001’s culture is execution oriented and places a high value on collaboration, a control mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. These guiding principles extend to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees. Group 1001 and its companies are strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Group 1001 believes accountability, corporate responsibility, diversity, inclusion, excellence, innovation, integrity, and leadership are behaviors and characteristics that allow us to achieve a winning culture.
Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Group 1001’s growing Life & Annuity business unit is seeking a corporate paralegal to join our Law and Compliance Department, predominantly supporting the corporate secretarial, insurance regulatory, and corporate transactions practice areas. The preferred location for this position is Group 1001’s office in Waltham, MA.
This position will be primarily responsible for providing paralegal support for corporate governance and quarterly regulatory filings, as well as support for corporate and investment transactions.
- Maintain corporate signing resolutions, minutes books, and related databases.
- Assist with annual and quarterly statutory insurance filings, including Jurat pages, interrogatory responses, and organizational charts (Schedule Y).
- Assist with the preparation of biographical affidavits and fingerprints for directors and executive officers.
- Provide secretary certificates and “know-your-customer” (KYC) documentation.
- Provide support for quarterly board meetings as needed.
- Conduct research on corporate governance and insurance regulatory requirements.
- Provide due diligence and closing support for mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, special project work, and various corporate governance, corporate secretarial, and corporate transaction initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of corporate paralegal experience
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities and develop effective working relationships
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and online legal research tools
- Key attributes: eager to learn, collaborative, enthusiastic, superior attention to detail, and results-oriented