Investment Operations Analyst
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Investment Operations Analyst position will be responsible for various operational activities including, but not limited to, each the following: cash forecasting, holdings reconciliations, transaction settlements, cash settlements, derivative operations, collateral management, data integrity, and fixed income analytics. The candidate must demonstrate strong knowledge and passion for fixed income securities, operations, and workflow in addition to strong quantitative and technical skills. Concise writing and communication skills are very important. Attention to detail is a must. This position may be based in Chicago or Indianapolis.
- Daily monitoring and forecasting of cash balances across client portfolios.
- Conduct tri-party reconciliations between the investment system, accounting books, and custodian reports.
- Investigate and resolve all cash and asset breaks by working closely with multiple teams.
- Perform reconciliations for derivative positions and trade activity including margin and collateral management.
- Assist other areas of investment operations during peak workflows.
- Maintain and update procedure documentation for streamlined processes.
- Assist on projects, as needed, and effectively collaborate both within a team and cross-functionally across departments and initiatives to ensure project deliverables are met.
- BA/BS with a concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in investment management operations, with a focus on cash and/or collateral management.
- Proficiency with BlackRock Aladdin.
- Product knowledge of corporate bonds, asset-backed securities, derivatives, commercial mortgage loans, foreign exchange, repurchase agreements, and bank loans.
- Strong quantitative and technical skills.
- Ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Team oriented
- Problem-solving mentality
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Accomplish goals and objectives
- Willingness to learn
- Results and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and execute under pressure