Operations Manager, Policy Services
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to work with. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (‘Group1001’): an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time.
Group1001 is on a mission to empower consumers. Our family of companies share a common goal: giving people more control over their money, making it easier for them to do businesses with us, and creating more opportunities for them to see value every day. Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture.
One of the goals for Group1001 is to foster a great culture. Group1001 will continue to build a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
The Operations Manager, In-Force Services position will be responsible for overseeing the management and coordination of the operations function in support of the administration of annuity policies. This position will develop, execute, and manage the operational needs for the business. The position will lead the Annuity Policy Administration team and identify strategic operational needs; and partner with internal and external resources to execute and manage the policy administration function. This role will be closely managing the day-to-day operations of business and providing strategic guidance to get this function established.
- Identify, develop and mentor a team of operations and customer service professionals to service new annuity products written by Delaware Life Insurance Company (“DLIC”) by utilizing a newly developed service platform
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure the accurate and efficient administration of policies including processing of post-sale transactions such as withdrawals, surrenders, address changes, etc.
- Support policy deployment in the areas of customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, and on-site performance measures
- Coordinate and partner with internal Legal and Compliance team members to ensure all applicable regulatory requirements are identified and complied
- Provide day to day management and leadership for the operations team through effective communications, coaching, training, development, and accountability.
- Develop and manage to standard service metrics and reports metrics
- Monitor metrics and report results to senior leaders within the organization, along with identifying operational efficiencies and changes that can be implemented
- Develop training materials and facilitate training to new staff members for rollout of new products on the administration platform
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required and advanced level degree a plus
5+ years relevant operations experience and management experience, preferred; and financial services and/or insurance experience, preferred Annuity experience
- Creative thinker able to work independently in a fast-paced organization
- Series 26 and/or Series 6 certifications a plus
- Experience leading and motivating an operation team/function, and influence others outside of direct reporting relationship
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong team leader and results oriented