Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001 Overview:
Group 1001 is a financial service enterprise on a mission to set a new standard in the insurance industry by making insurance more useful and intuitive for everyone. Group 1001’s insurance brands include Delaware Life, Gainbridge, Clear Spring Health, Clear Spring Insurance, and Clear Spring Life. Group 1001’s culture is execution oriented and places a high value on collaboration, a control mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. These guiding principles extend to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees. Group 1001 and its companies are strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Group 1001 believes accountability, corporate responsibility, diversity, inclusion, excellence, innovation, integrity, and leadership are behaviors and characteristics that allow us to achieve a winning culture.
Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The position includes many detail-oriented activities including recording journal entries, account reconciliations, monthly close procedures, and financial statement analysis and reporting. This role should have some experience within or related to the insurance industry and be able to produce consolidated financial statements using Statutory and GAAP accounting treatment. In addition, the incumbent should understand Variable Interest Entity (VIE) structures and related accounting. This role will need to interface with external auditors and take the lead in coordination/management of financial audits.
Responsibilities will include the creation of reports for management, analysis of results, sales and revenue share reporting and ad hoc analysis for various areas throughout the organization.
- Timely completion of general ledger activities for month/quarter-end reporting for management, including account reconciliations
- Perform monthly review, analysis, and reconciliations for certain legal entities
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly reporting for management as well as prepare financials for independent auditors
- Understand accounting policies, procedures, systems and controls which ensure the accuracy of the reported consolidated financial information presented, consistent with governing accounting and legal rules, pronouncements and regulations
- Support corporate actions with ad hoc reporting, document tracking/retention, communication with counterparts and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ Years’ experience in Accounting or Finance; experience in a Insurance Company preferable
- Strong operational expertise in reporting and systems with a focus on continual process improvement and the ability to build automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to multi-task to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to resolve issues independently with various business partners and identify process improvement opportunities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and meet tight reporting deadlines on deliverables.
- CPA preferred
- Experience in preparing financial statements with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or related experiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Office Suite
- This role will require that the candidate possess the ability to operate within a deadline driven environment and be able to multitask not only their day-to-day responsibilities, but also conduct special ad hoc requests/projects as they arise