Inbound Financial Sales Representative
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Position available in Indianapolis, IN OR Waltham, MA
At Delaware Life Insurance Company (Delaware Life), we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being valued partners to work with. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time. Delaware Life sells competitive fixed, fixed index and variable annuity products.
Delaware Life, with over $39 billion of assets under management and excellent ratings for financial strength from A.M. Best, is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001). Group1001 is on a mission to empower consumers. Our family of companies share a common goal: giving people more control over their money, making it easier for them to do businesses with us, and creating more opportunities for them to see value every day. Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. One of the goals for Group1001 is to foster a great culture. Group1001 will continue to build a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
As the Inbound Sales Representative, you will build and maintain business relationships with advisors who market our products and services to meet or exceed established individual and team sales goals and help the advisor provide the right solutions to their clients. This is a consultative phone-based position responding to agent and broker inquiries received via inbound calls. You will answer questions in a variety of areas including product features, performance, literature requests and hypothetical illustrations. You will receive the proper training and develop your skillset to be able to do the following responsibilities.
- First line of client facing contacts on incoming calls, phone sales and support
- Provides product and illustration sales support
- Fields inbound calls from Delaware Life Toll Free phone lines, priority for the ACD, Q Calls
- Identify cross sell opportunities and build strong Delaware Life brand with the incoming callers
- Generate illustrations and webinars from the incoming calls
- Assists and participates with DLM’s marketing campaigns follow through in support of external and internal wholesalers
- Resolves client concerns
- Responds to voicemail/email broker requests
- Fulfills literature requests
- Participates in team meetings and training programs
- Identifies client situation and present options available
- Maintains integrity of broker database
- Demonstrates knowledge of Delaware Life's products
- Support inbound telephone queue where you will answer product and rate questions, fulfill requests for marketing collateral, application kits, and hypothetical illustrations
- Serve as trouble-shooter and problem solver for advisors on product and process issues and maintain a strong knowledge of available corporate resources, referring advisors to appropriate areas as necessary to ensure problem resolution
- Document activity in the CRM system (Salesforce) i.e. appointments, sales calls, follow-ups, call campaigns and sales opportunities etc.
- Productively work together and collaborate with other home office departments
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills to better assess an advisor’s needs and determine the type of sales support necessary to accomplish the objective and add value to the products
- Keep the senior sales desk representative appraised of any training or development needs that will result in greater performance and personal growth.
- Under limited direction, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to help advisors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 1-2 years of sales, marketing or customer service experience in the financial services industry
- Education, experience and/or proficiency in Customer Service or Sales
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Strong knowledge of annuity, insurance or investment products preferred
- Active FINRA Series 6, 63 and State Life and Health licenses preferred or obtain within 3 months of hire
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Capable of presenting technical product knowledge with professional phone and/or face to face skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and perform under pressure. Ability and desire to spend significant portion of job developing relationships virtually and over the phone
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment. Strong territory management, independence and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of office automation tools; experience with contact management tools a plus
- Organizational, communication (verbal and written)
- Problem solving, mathematical, statistical, and analytical
- Strong interpersonal, telephone and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and consistently demonstrate strong attention to detail