Operations Manager, New Business Operations
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Operations Manager position will be responsible for overseeing the management and coordination of the operations function in support of the administration of annuity policies. This is a new position in the company and will develop, execute and manage the operational needs for the business. The position will lead the Annuity Policy Administration team and identify strategic operational needs; and partner with internal and external resources to execute and manage the policy administration function. This role will be closely managing the day-to-day operations of business and providing strategic guidance to get this function established.
- Identify, develop and mentor a team of operations and customer service professionals to service new annuity products written by Delaware Life Insurance Company (“DLIC”) by utilizing a newly developed service platform
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure the accurate and efficient administration of policies including: new business processing, fund pricing and trading, entry of transactions, commissions processing, entry of licensing and appointments of agents, transaction reconciliations, and the management of customer and agent complaints
- Support policy deployment in the areas of customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, and on-site performance measures
- Identify and negotiate external vendor arrangements to accomplish identified operations requirements, including inbound mail processing, outbound correspondence generation, check printing, and other administrative functions as necessary
- Coordinate and partner with internal Legal and Compliance team members to ensure all applicable regulatory requirements are identified and complied
- Provide day to day management and leadership for the operations team through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Develop industry standard service metrics and reports metrics
- Monitor metrics and report results to senior leaders within the organization, along with identifying operational efficiencies and changes that can be implemented
- Develop training materials and facilitate training to new staff members for rollout of new products on the administration platform
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required and advanced level degree a plus
8+ years relevant operations experience and management experience, required; and financial services and/or insurance experience, preferred
- Series 26 and/or Series 6 certifications a plus
- Experience leading and motivating an operation team/function, and influence others outside of direct reporting relationship
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong team leader and results oriented