Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive, and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Delaware Life is continuing to build out our Customer Experience program and enabling our Marketing, Sales and Service teams with digital technology on the Salesforce platform to be successful. We’re looking for a Salesforce Developer to drive the design and implementation of critical capabilities that impact their success.
This person will be actively involved in the design sessions with business analysts, the product owner, and other technical team members, and will be expected to bring technology and people leadership skills to the team. This role will actively lead the design, build solution components, develop unit tests, guide testing strategy, and play an active role in ensuring quality throughout the development life cycle. You must possess a strong ability to work with our leadership team to balance the business needs with the best technical solutions to fulfill those needs. You’ll make an impact by researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies, and it will be imperative that you are staying well versed in the ever-changing technology stack of the Salesforce platform.
Being a Salesforce Developer for Delaware Life means creativity, collaboration, and cohesive support. We promote a culture that thrives on teamwork, encourages originality, and empowers teams to inspire change.
- Function as a Technical Subject Matter Expert for the Salesforce Platform providing advisory and solutions to business needs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and execution team to define and implement creative solutions.
- Directly accountable for the conversion of product requirements into a solution design.
- Participate in Agile scrum ceremonies (planning, daily scrum, retrospectives, etc.) to analyze business and technology requirements and outline proposed solutions.
- Develop technical artifacts that will support both the development and quality assurance team.
- Build solutions using Configuration, administration, and development on the Salesforce platform. Ensuring a configuration first approach that is measurable and maintainable.
- Work in the Salesforce.com development environment which includes custom objects, workflows, triggers, migration tools, SOQL and REST-based web services using Apex programming, Lightning web components, and related technology components.
- Support daily data import processes and direct real-time integrations.
- Promote and design architecture guidelines, best practices and standards for application development.
- Develop innovative solutions using the most advanced Salesforce development techniques to help the company get the most out of our investment in Salesforce.
- Assist with evaluation and selection of complementary applications that leverage the platform.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to set the capability roadmap and high-level technology strategy.
- Tier 1 Production Support.
- Assist SF Administrator in user support, data processes, security, workflow, system audits, etc.
- Manage the process of evaluating, communicating, testing, resolving issues and deploying Salesforce platform upgrades/releases as needed.
- Staying well versed in the ever-changing technology stack of the Salesforce platform.
- Staying up to date on Salesforce’s latest offerings and explore beta/pilot functionality if relevant.
- Assist with Governance, Contingency Planning, Communications
- Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 4 + years of Salesforce development experience along with Salesforce.com Certifications including Sales Cloud, Administration and Lightning
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture components - sales and marketing clouds
- Advanced skills in Salesforce application including configuration, triggers, process builders, workflows, visual force, lightning experience, apex coding, batch processes, and database design
- Experience with Lightning Web Components
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce data model, custom objects, API, governor limits, workflows, and configuration
- Experience with designing and implementing custom applications
- Experience with integrating with the Salesforce platform (inbound/outbound) using the REST/SOAP APIs or Data Loader
- Ability to define and communicate the “big picture” in terms of the solution (both functional and technical components) and break it down into smaller manageable work units
- Data modelling skills
- Familiar with user experience best practices
- Good analysis and diagnosis skills
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skill