Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company(“Delaware Life”), we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to work with. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (‘Group1001’): an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
As an Internal Wholesaler, you will be partnered with one or more External Wholesalers, both responsible for driving sales by proactively marketing Delaware Life solutions and annuities. You will accomplish this by developing new business opportunities and fostering existing relationships through phone and web-based sales and service engagements. The Internal and External Wholesalers will work a development plan together, designed to grow sales and ensure success in both roles.
- Ability to establish and maintain ongoing relationships with one or more External Wholesalers and actively participate in the development and successful execution of the territory business plan
- Support inbound telephone queue where you will answer product and rate questions, fulfill requests for marketing collateral, application kits, and hypothetical illustrations
- Provide sales support and service through proactive calling and web-based meetings
- Make proactive calls-outs as part of marketing or product campaigns, to communicate rates, sales ideas, generate leads, and schedule meetings
- Collaborate on call campaigns to launch new products and identify new sales opportunities
- Serve as trouble-shooter and problem solver for advisors on product and process issues and maintain a strong knowledge of available corporate resources, referring advisors to appropriate areas as necessary to ensure problem resolution
- Document activity in the CRM system (Salesforce) i.e. appointments, sales calls, follow-ups, call campaigns and sales opportunities etc.
- Productively work together and collaborate with other home office departments
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills to better assess an advisor’s needs and determine the type of sales support necessary to accomplish the objective and add value to the products
- Keep the senior sales desk representative appraised of any training or development needs that will result in greater performance and personal growth.
- Build and maintain strong product knowledge including any related economic, industry and competitor information and prepares routine sales/marketing reports
- Under limited direction, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to help advisors
- Assist in all aspects of the sales process, including annuity product education, case design, competitive analysis, managing and tracking outstanding case pipeline.
- Assist in the development of target market campaigns, follow-up communications, and phone coverage of respective territories.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of sales, marketing or customer service experience in the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of annuity, insurance or investment products preferred
- Active FINRA Series 6, 63 and State Life licenses preferred or obtain within 3 months of hire
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Capable of presenting technical product knowledge with professional phone and/or face to face skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and perform under pressure. Ability and desire to spend significant portion of job developing relationships virtually and over the phone
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment. Strong territory management, independence and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of office automation tools; experience with contact management tools a plus
- Organizational, communication (verbal and written)
- Problem solving, mathematical, statistical, and analytical