Associate Director/Director, Financial Planning & Analysis Actuary
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
This candidate is responsible for supporting financial forecasting needs throughout the organization and using complex models to drive recommendations to senior management.
- Reviewing or constructing models to project cash flows, earnings, and capital under a variety of scenarios (Plan, ORSA, liquidity analysis).
- Compiling models from a variety of different systems into an integrated projection.
- Developing tools and metrics for analyzing and refining projections.
- Expand capabilities developed for Delaware Life to other companies within Group 1001.
- Communication of emerging trends to senior management through data-driven analysis.
- Developing and building efficiencies and controls in Financial Planning and Analysis processes.
- Strong actuarial & risk management capabilities. Ability to influence decision making at various levels of the organization. Ability to juggle and negotiate multiple deliverables to various senior stakeholders under tight time frames.
- B.S. Degree in Mathematics, Business or other related fields.
- FSA or ASA with 5+ years of experience in insurance industry.
- Excellent verbal communication, facilitation, and relationship management experience.
- MS Office Suite experience.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of management.
- Advanced expertise in Excel (including VBA and PowerQuery) and SQL.
- Preferred experience with PowerBI and a programming language such as C# or Python.
- Knowledge of insurance accounting and financial statements.
- Strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills; significant experience analyzing insurance products and related industry information.