Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina. In addition, Clear Spring Health sponsors Medicare Prescription Drug plans in 42 states.
The Accounting Associate will be part of Clear Spring’s accounting team. This position will have general accounting responsibilities, including but not limited to account reconciliations, journal entries, regulatory filings and assistance with the accounting close process. The position will also assist with the accounts payable process. Incumbent will carry out these responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and internal accounting controls.
- Prepare regulatory filings, including premium tax returns and miscellaneous insurance department filings.
- Assist with processing payments, ensuring that all relevant documentation has been obtained and payments are submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and other duties as part of the monthly financial close.
- Provide assistance with researching problems and resolving discrepancies, as required.
- Provide back-up assistance to other team members, as needed.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and clear reconciling items.
- Process daily accounting activities as assigned.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Accurate and efficient data skills.
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate level expertise with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Experience working in the insurance industry is helpful.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.