Help Desk Specialist
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Axia Technology Partners (AxiaTP) empowers organizations in all industries to achieve operational excellence through managed IT services, unified communications and custom software solutions. AxiaTP was founded in 2008. Now a member of the Group 1001 family of companies, our team is a fast-growing Complete Technology Provider.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
AxiaTP is seeking an experienced Help Desk Specialist to oversee our clients’ current systems and assets, assist with upgrades and fixes, and provide them with training and support as needed. Successful candidates will have extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software, Microsoft 365, VoIP systems and consistently invests in that knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our clients’ IT operations and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
- Processing customer request tickets through AxiaTP’s ticketing and project management system
- Promptly following up with customers by phone and ticket response email; provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Meeting or exceeding first response and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLAs) based on the priority of each request
- Approaching every customer interaction with empathy, patience, curiosity, a sense of urgency and a genuine desire to help
- Consistently achieving outstanding customer feedback scores that reflect AxiaTP’s high standards of customer experience and satisfaction
- Ensuring proper recording, documentation and closure for all work performed
- Actively maintaining and growing your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services
- Recommending procedure modifications or improvements to help make AxiaTP more effective for customers and more efficient as a service provider
- Installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and maintaining various computer hardware, software, network and business systems including the following:
- Microsoft 365 environments
- Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems
- VoIP and various phone systems
- Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and related devices
- Firewall Rule Management, Port Translation, Quality of Service, and Network Protocol Routing
- DNS in Active Directory and Hybrid/Cloud Environments
- Others as required
- 5+ years of experience as a help desk technician
- At least 1 year of experience working in a Managed Services environment
- Experience with Windows 7/10, Mac OS, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Azure
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting VoIP systems
- High school diploma or GED
The following experience is a plus:
- Autotask, ConnectWise or similar ticket management system(s)
- Technical certifications, such as:
- CompTIA A+ (or others)
- Microsoft 100, 101, Azure (or others)