Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Location – PROSPER, Texas
Group 1001 Insurance Holdings (“Group 1001”) is a long-standing, nimble, and tech-driven financial services enterprise established on deep industry expertise and reliable delivery of long-term value through empowering its customers, employees, and communities. Leveraging upon its record of building successful businesses and strong operating fundamentals, Group 1001 powers the next generation of insurance with useful and intuitive solutions and products accessible to everyone. Group 1001 invests in strategic as part of our mission to transform communities through sports and education.
The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for legal matters of Group 1001. This critical role focuses upon both all legal issues related to transactional, intellectual property, corporate, mergers & acquisitions, and other organizational legal matters. The position will report to the Chief Legal Officer-Corporate (“CLO”), Group 1001. You must be fundamentally strong, inquisitive, have an ability to adapt, thrive in a collaborative environment, and have sound judgment.
- Review, draft, and administer agreements, and other related legal documents in connection with internal as well as external parties.
- Develop solutions in all phases of transactions, including initial assessments, diligence, negotiation, execution, and integration.
- Drafting and archival of IP-related agreements, licensing agreements, and related documents.
- IP searches, registration and maintenance.
- Assist in management of trademark, copyright, patent, domain, and license portfolios and maintaining of accurate data regarding workflow and status on all items in IP.
- Provide solution recommendations when changes in laws or trends affect IP.
- Assist with the development, design, and implementation of IP policies and procedures.
- Corporate governance (state-specific) law including process, policies, and related rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Filings and responding to periodic inquiries from regulators.
- Assist in ensuring full, proper, and sufficient governance records.
- Assist with the development, design, and implementation of policies and procedures.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Familiarity with typical methods and processes in acquisitions, whether equity, asset, or combinations thereof.
- Capacity and attention to detail in performing and managing due diligence processes.
- Ability to draft, review, and work with outside counsel on acquisition documentation.
- Stay current on all applicable federal and state laws and regulations by conducting ongoing research and identify and communicate changes as they occur; assess associated legal and business risks and identify risk mitigation options.
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports, memos, and other records.
- Identify and problem resolve issues that develop during the course of each acquisition event, transactions, corporate matters, and compliance issues.
- Communicate regularly with CLO regarding the status of acquisition events transactions, corporate matters, compliance issues, and other assigned work.
- Admission to a state bar/J.D degree from accredited law school.
- Finance or related undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with a law firm or in-house.
- 2+ years of legal experience.
- Proficient in (a) Microsoft Office® (incl. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Outlook, and Windows Explorer, (b) Internet and web research, and (c) Adobe Acrobat.
- Proven drafting, strong writing, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, precise attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive details / filing histories.
- Excellent issue-spotting, risk assessment, research, and problem-solving skills; resourceful; and possess the ability to professionally articulate finding and recommendations.
- Ability and desire to work on numerous projects; and responsive to quick turn-around times.