Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Co., we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to work with. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (‘Group1001’): an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive, and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Administrative Intern will assist Delaware Life in the performance of various leadership responsibilities which is to provide administrative and clerical support to ensure the efficient operation of the department or office. The Administrative Intern will be responsible for assisting the staff with general office duties including, but not limited to, scanning, filing, data entry, organizing, maintaining electronic system, research, and general coordination. This is will be an opportunity for students to apply their academic experiences into real-life principles. Our goal is to provide our interns a meaningful experience where they can experience different aspects of business and clerical management.
- Maintaining/research files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
- Organizing and data entry towards company documents to maintain progress and efficiency
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail
- Answering the phone to take messages or redirecting calls to appropriate colleagues
- Utilize office appliances such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc.
- Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks and issue invoices, checks etc.
- Assist in office management, supervision, and organization procedures
- Contribute to the overall productivity and well-being of the entire company.
- High school diploma
- Proven experience as office clerk or other clerical position
- Familiarity with office procedures and professionalism
- Working knowledge of office devices and processes
- Ability to work in collaboration and taking orders in a professional manner
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good organizational and multi-tasking abilities