Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina and offers Medicare Prescription Drug Plans in 42 states plus DC.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant will be involved in various processes within the insurance accounting team. Responsibilities will focus on the financial closing and reporting process with assignments including preparation of journal entries, ownership of account reconciliations, review and analysis of financial results and assistance with preparing and filing financial statements for internal and external financial reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and other duties as part of the monthly financial close
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, including preparation of Quarterly and Annual Statement filings
- Assist in maintaining Holding Company and non-insurance company general ledgers
- Manage workload with assignments rotating through premium, claim, investment, intercompany and other transactions as needed
- Assist in creating/updating financial internal control documentation
- Complete other duties/projects as assigned
- Understanding of the health insurance industry, its products, financials and operations
- Insurance Industry and Statutory Financial Reporting experience
- Experience with Managed Care insurance and Medicare Advantage products preferred
- 3+ years of experience in financial and accounting roles
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple functions
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and financial software, Oracle a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- CPA or equivalent financial designation a plus