Data Integration Developer
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina. In addition, Clear Spring Health sponsors Medicare Prescription Drug plans in 42 states.
Reports directly to VP of IT, this position will be key in designing, developing and implementing our data interface capabilities. The Data Integration Developer will provide technical spport for the overall growth of the company. This person should be able to understand business requirements and design optimal and efficient ETL processes. The Data Integration Developer will be accountable for developing, testing and deploying of new interfaces as well as the maintenance of existing interfaces. Support the entire data analysis tool stack, including ETL development, warehouse modeling and development, structured and unstructured data.
This is a full time 40 hour a week opportunity. The company offers a competitive benefits package, along with paid time off, tuition reimbursement and 401(k). A competitive salary is offered.
- Involve in complex SQL programming where complex stored procedures, functions and views need to be built.
- Develop data mapping documentation to establish relationships between source and target tables including transformation processes.
- Create complex extracts with multiple layouts for different vendors based of the specifications.
- Involve in development of various SSIS packages for loading complex csv, excel and xml files for multiple teams.
- Extract data from xml datatype fields from using SQL queries and SSIS for SSRS reporting needs.
- Participate in development and validation of Enterprise data warehouse.
- Must understand/have experience with one or more of the following data integration standards:
- HL7, ANSI X12/EDI and HIPAA transaction sets
- Experience mapping of HL7 or HIPAA 5010 transaction sets (will need to move data from one environment to another).
- Automates data using SFTP/FTP
- Cleans and manages data, in addition to migrating and integrating data with various sources
- Extracts and transforms data from multiple sources and loads data into one or more destinations
- Collaborates with business analysts, SMEs and other team members to determine data extraction and transformation requirements
- Performs requirements gathering and documents processes with internal stakeholders
- Designs, develops, and deploys data movement using SQL server Integrations Services (SSIS), TSQL and stored procedures
- Assists in developing data migration policies and processes
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Designs and prepares required documentation using block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation
- Identifies inefficiencies in system processes, recommends & implements changes
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work across product teams to harmonize and consolidate data.
- Prior experience with Invidasys, Facets/RIMS or a rules-based system a plus
- EDI X12 835, 837I & 837P knowledge a plus
- Understand data models and their relationship to reporting
- Ability to support projects and recommend/implement process for project completion
- Ability to interact with business users to identify reporting and data analysis needs.
- Experience with scripting/coding language such as: SQL, Visual Basic, or C++.
- Experienced in data warehouse approaches and integration Interfaceware’s IGUANA integration Engine is a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence solutions (Microsoft BI preferred).
- Understanding of and experience with medical terms and coding (including but not limited to CPT, HCPSs, ICD-9/10, revenue codes, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong business user interaction skills with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects.
- Must have experience with software testing, report writing and database management.