Assistant Vice President, Total Rewards, Human Resources
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
The Head of Total Rewards will drive the strategic direction for the company’s compensation and benefits programs that align with company vision and goals by leveraging partnerships with other HR team members and throughout all business areas. This leader will develop a strong understanding of the Company objectives to build and champion Total Rewards strategies that enable Group 1001 to attract, develop, and retain talent across a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly growing environment.
- Develop, implement, and manage a Total Rewards strategy that is aligned with business objectives, market competitiveness, and designed to foster retention, commitment, and engagement from all levels within the organization. This includes compensation and benefits, that are cost effective and consistent with market trends. In 2020 and 2021, there will be an enhanced focus on updating and managing the company’s compensation programs.
- Evaluate and manage the company’s benefit and compensation programs, including program design, job level framework, on-going financial management, and all associated processes.
- Manage benefits administration and provide detailed requirements for any new functionality.
- Leverage “best practices” to design and implement a framework and process for total rewards strategy that balances both risk and reward.
- Provide leadership to and direct supervision of team members through effective coaching and performance management.
- Oversee the review, communication, and implementation of the annual benefit programs open enrollment process and the annual total compensation review.
- Manage the benefits programs including FMLA, ADA and other procedures in compliance with policy, federal and states notices, forms, authorizations, etc. Provide related management support and training.
- Oversee the Leave of Absence policy and administration defining eligibility, benefits and absence impact and ensuring compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Oversee EEO Reporting and all other regulatory reporting.
- Oversee the delivery and communication of Total Rewards programs and tools in a way that enhances employee understanding, supports retention, and shapes behaviors to meet business objectives.
- Work with all levels within the organization to gain support and agreement on recommendation and implementation of total reward programs.
- Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or related discipline.
- 15+ years of compensation and/or benefits experience, including significant experience in the design and implementation of complex compensation and/or benefits programs, 5+ of these years should be in a leadership position managing complex teams.
- Solid understanding of compensation, benefit, and job framework functionality within an HRIS system, preferably experience in Workday.
- Experience collaborating and managing relationships with third-party compensation and benefits consultants and consulting firms.
- Knowledge of ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and emerging regulatory issues preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of employees and managers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Superior strategic and conceptual thinking skills complemented by strong business acumen and the problem-solving skills necessary to translate strategy into execution.
- The ability to interpret data and develop action plans based on performance insights.
- Proven leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with and influence colleagues at all levels as well as with external constituents.
- Must exhibit independent judgment by making sound, justifiable decisions to evaluate and resolve issues in the best interest of both the organization and employees.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Advanced communication skills and executive presence. Able to effectively deliver messages, resolve conflicts, consult with and influence leaders and colleagues across the organization.
- Relevant Certifications preferred.