Customer Service Representative
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Recent college grads and military veterans encouraged to apply!
We are committed to your success. Are you seeking a place to grow in a career? A great company to work for where continuous learning and performance are rewarded? Start your career as a Customer Service Representative with Delaware Life. Promotion and growth opportunities available.
The role of the Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering inbound telephone inquiries and responding in a professional manner to customers and agents regarding annuities and investments with Delaware Life. This position will have access to on-line resources, systems, training materials, peers and various support teams. Delaware Life is committed to providing a high level of customer service that meets our service level agreements while educating the customer accurately on our products, procedures and regulations. This position must be customer focused: adapting to different customer styles, making sure that each caller's needs are fully understood and taking the appropriate action to meet and exceed the customer's expectations.
• Accurately providing information to all incoming inquiries regarding annuities, investments, tax implications, product information, procedures, and regulations
• Efficiently maneuvering through various computer systems and on-line resources in retrieving information while responding to customer inquiries
• Partners with external business partners as needed to resolve customer inquiries
• Effectively ensure that detailed electronic records are maintained by accurately documenting all actions taken.
• Meeting measurable department standards as they relate to call quality and efficiency measures as well as meeting teamwork, ownership, and professional development goals
• Learning, retaining, and updating one's knowledge of a wide variety of financial product information and internal processes and procedures, while adhering to strict financial industry rules and regulations.
• Efficiently utilizing all resources to ensure they are easily accessible when providing information to a client, or supporting a teammate, or manager
• Take ownership of customer issues by following requests through to completion and notifying appropriate personnel if problems exists.
• Display a positive attitude while adapting and being receptive to change
• Take initiative in developing skills by asking questions; investigating error sources to avoid future mistakes; making the best use of time between calls
• Excel in a culture that involves ongoing coaching and feedback from a variety of sources, to ensure the customer’s needs are satisfied
• Display actions that align with the Vision, Mission, and Values of Delaware Life
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong commitment to customer service and quality required
• 2 or more years of customer service experience, preferred
• Candidate must be detail oriented with strong organization and prioritization skills
• Proven decision-making skills and ability to multi-task required
• Effective analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills
• Proficient in MS Office and/or other general computer applications
• BA/BS degree, preferred