Annuity Marketing Representative
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Annuity Marketing Representative recruits new annuity producers and retains/increases ongoing business from existing producers through a combination of educating, assisting and communicating with independent agents and IMOs. Develops new prospects and interacts with existing agents to increase sales of products and/or services. Analyzes and interprets competitor’s products, promotions and point of sale pieces to gain a competitive advantage.
- Achieves sales goals, premium volumes and revenue targets with a focus on business development by creating a culture of clear expectations of each client's goals and objectives, achieving sales excellence and ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Builds positive rapport and relationships with agents, brokers, sub-producers and IMOs. Reaches out to all distribution channels through cold calling and telemarketing. Understands and articulates commission triggers, commission payments and chargeback by product and distribution channel.
- Accurately answers all consumer/customer and client questions regarding all products and clearly explains product features, advantages and benefits, including variances by state.
- Educates agents on product availability, website features and benefits, and company requirements. Assists agents with matching client needs with appropriate product to assure suitability.
- Prepares materials, demonstrations, webinars illustrations and proposals for all activities.
- Communicates and listens for opportunities from prospective producers. Understands what the producer is looking for in terms of a company to do business with and products to offer to their clients.
- Recognizes, motivates and supports producer sales efforts.
- Acts as liaison between producer and other internal departments.
- Intercedes on behalf of the producer to resolve issues or problems with other internal departments.
- May be assigned to other projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Current Life and Health insurance license, or ability to obtain license within six months.
- 2 - 4 years sales experience marketing insurance or annuity products.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance and annuity products, insurance law, customer service, contract provisions and company operations.
- Familiarity with state law and guidelines for insurance and annuity products and specifications
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex information to others.
- Strong sales and service orientation and ability to mentor/lead and motivate other sales professionals
- Demonstrated ability to employ 'entrepreneurial spirit' to service existing business and produce profitable new business.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in concert with internal and external managers and staff, and build and work within a team.
- Ability to build productive positive relationships with outside agents and IMO’s.
- Able to plan for and prioritize multiple detailed projects, and be flexible with schedules.
- Ability to develop and execute detailed plans to achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Takes ownership and accepts accountability for own performance and responsibility toward team.
- Practical knowledge of basic office and PC applications, including MS Word and Excel, and sales/marketing reporting tools.