Operations Manager, Customer Service
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to work with. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (‘Group1001’): an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Operations Manager position will be responsible for overseeing and managing a dedicated internal Customer Service team which provides support to agent and policyholders related to the Company’s annuity policies. This position will ensure appropriate staffing and training of the customer service to ensure strong service levels while ensuring efficient resource utilization. This role will effectively maintain and build relationships with internal and external customers through prompt and accurate responses to their inquiries. This role will be closely managing the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service team.
- Identify, develop, and mentor a team of customer service professionals to service new annuity products written by Delaware Life Insurance Company (“DLIC”) by utilizing a newly developed service platform.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to service team members to create engagement and high-performance culture.
- Develop and implement key performance measures and goals for representatives.
- Conduct audits of phone calls, monitor calls, and provide coaching and training related to findings and potential areas for improvement.
- Review the performance of staff, identifying training needs and partnering with Learning & Development to implement training opportunities for new and existing Customer Service Coordinators.
- Review more complex or sensitive client cases and resolve identified problems.
- Communicate directly with agents, Distribution partners, and external business partners to provide appropriate services.
- Ensure processed information is in compliance with regulatory and department guidelines.
- Work closely with other internal stakeholders including our processing team and technology team to implement processes and procedures to exceptional service.
- Provide analysis and communicate complex matters and resolutions to management across Delaware Life.
- Coordinate and partner with internal Legal and Compliance team members to ensure all applicable regulatory requirements are identified and complied.
- Develop industry standard service metrics and reports metrics.
- Monitor service metrics, call queues, and staffing levels in real time to ensure service levels are met or exceeded.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required and advanced level degree a plus
- 8+ years relevant operations experience and management experience, required; and financial services and/or insurance experience, preferred
- Series 26 and/or Series 6 certifications a plus
- Experience leading and motivating an operation team/function, and influence others outside of direct reporting relationship
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong team leader and results oriented