Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Documentation Specialist performs a wide range of tasks associated with incoming and outgoing mail including opening, sorting and delivering incoming and intra-office mail; scanning, validating and importing contract and completed documents into various workflow applications; tracking and recording incoming checks associated with new or existing contracts; using mail handling equipment, such as postal meters and sorting equipment to prepare outgoing daily mail, monthly annuity payments and special bulk mailings.
The Documentation Specialist also maintains records of archived documents for retention, destruction, and is involved with purchasing and storing general office supplies and inventory management.
- Identifies, scans and indexes documents for new business workflow including applications and associated paperwork, checks, transfer forms, and miscellaneous documents.
- Accurately completes and balances check register for incoming checks, scans checks, and delivers checks to treasury department for processing and deposit.
- Collects documents to be imaged after processing has been completed and indexes scanned documents to correct files for annuity contracts and agent records.
- Sorts and delivers all incoming mail based on functional areas and prepares outgoing mail and packages for all departments using appropriate mail services (courier, USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.), including but not limited to high priority mail requests, and special mailing projects. Ensures daily pick-up and delivery time schedules are met, and all outgoing mail, including courier or express mail packages, are disbursed by end-of-day.
- Prepares, processes and disburses outgoing benefit checks to clients.
- Maintains accurate listing of archived documents and electronic agent and policy files.
- Maintains archived documents according to company standards for retention and destruction.
- Maintains inventory on mailing and office supplies (copy paper, envelopes, folders, pens, etc.) and ensures common supply areas are fully stocked.
- Assists with purchasing and storing general office supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Associate in Annuity Products and Administration (AAPA) obtained through LOMA is extremely helpful and encouraged.
- Minimum one year experience in a general office environment, preferably in the insurance/financial services industry, or another regulated industry
- One year mail/records retention experience preferred and knowledge of basic mail handling procedures and express mailing options.
- Proficient in use of various software packages including MS Word and Excel, scanning machinery and applications, document storage applications and postal metering equipment.
- Basic math and computation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task and learn quickly.
- Must be detail oriented and able to correctly identify proper applications for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, and guidelines for contract administration and processing a plus.
- Must be able to develop and retain a thorough understanding of annuity products and company specific forms and their uses.