New Business Specialist
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The New Business Specialist takes ownership of incoming new annuity business cases and oversees the new business process from application submission to contract issuance. This includes performing preliminary suitability reviews and ensuring application documents are accurate, complete and ready for data entry processing. The New Business Specialist is the primary contact for distribution partners regarding the status of incoming applications, obtaining missing information/documents and resolving any issues that arise during processing and issuance of the annuity contract.
- Reviews and analyzes new business applications to make sure the correct documents are prepared, content is complete and accurate, and that all required accompanying documents have been submitted and are ready for data entry processing.
- Researches and resolves issues that arise in the application process, including identifying and obtaining missing information, required documents, and is primary contact for agents, IMOs and other distribution partners regarding the status of application processing.
- Ensures incoming checks or transfer requests accompanying incoming applications are accurate and that transfer requests have been submitted to the transferring financial institute.
- Performs preliminary suitability reviews of incoming applications to ensure the best product is being provided to the client based on client needs and state suitability requirements. Advises agent/IMOs regarding product features and best product for the client/contract owner.
- Prepares new business packet for data entry and submits complete packet to Annuity Administration for processing.
- Acts as subject matter expert for new business forms, processing guidelines and procedures, annuity contracts and exception handling. Reviews and recommends exception processing.
- Builds strong, long-lasting relationships with agents, IMOs and distribution partners through pro-active communication regarding new business practices and application processing status, and prompt resolution of processing issues, outstanding requirements, and/or exception processing,
- Keeps up-to-date and fully knowledgeable regarding annuity products, including features, requirements, state suitability and compliance requirements, etc., and understands agent licensing, commission and hierarchy requirements.
- Maintains accurate records in associated systems including client relations management application (CRM/Salesforce) and document management system (OnBase.)
- Participates in cross-functional teams for product enhancements, new product development, system testing and upgrades.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solid oral communication skills including telephone etiquette, ability to explain decisions and procedures to internal and external business partners
- Excellent written communication skills including composition of technical letters, reports that communicate decisions, policies and activities to agents and internal business partners
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to provide consistent, accurate, pro-active information to agents/assistants/IMO personnel regarding the status of their pending cases
- Working knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Experience processing annuity contracts in an insurance company setting; additional experience with life insurance, policy services and claims helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of annuity products, contract provisions and interest rates. Understanding of tax laws and consequences pertaining to annuities.
- Associate degree in Business or equivalent training and experience
- Knowledge and proper use of business grammar (for both oral and written communication), spelling and punctuation
- Ability to prioritize workflow, establish and meet deadlines, manage multiple concurrent tasks, plus flexibility in scheduling of daily activities
- Analytical skills including the ability to interpret and analyze written material
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills including the ability to find creative solutions to difficult issues while balancing the needs of the agent and Company
- Able to develop and maintain relationships with team members, internal and external business partners, field representatives and management
- Able to learn quickly and understand complex systems and processing requirements
- Excellent computer skills with thorough understanding of MS Word and Excel, OnBase and client relationship management (CRM/Salesforce) applications.