Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Accounting Team | PARK RIDGE, IL
Clear Spring Health is a growing health insurance company within Group One Thousand One, a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. The Clear Spring Health financial team is in the Chicago area and provides all supporting financial services to its various health insurance plans and Clear Spring Health Holding Company.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant will be involved in various processes within the insurance accounting team. Responsibilities will focus on the financial closing and reporting process with assignments including preparation of journal entries, ownership of account reconciliations, review and analysis of financial results and assistance with preparing and filing financial statements for internal and external financial reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and other duties as part of the monthly financial close
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, including preparation of Quarterly and Annual Statement filings
- Assist in maintaining Holding Company and non-insurance company general ledgers
- Manage workload with assignments rotating through premium, claim, investment, intercompany and other transactions as needed
- Assist in creating/updating financial internal control documentation
- Complete other duties/projects as assigned
- Understanding of the health insurance industry, its products, financials and operations
- Experience with Managed Care insurance and Medicare Advantage products preferred
- 3+ years of experience in financial and accounting roles
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple functions
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and financial software, Oracle a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- CPA or equivalent financial designation a plus