Senior Tax Accountant
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Senior Tax Accountant
At Delaware Life Insurance Co., we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to work with. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (‘Group1001’): an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time.
Group1001 is on a mission to empower consumers. Our family of companies share a common goal: giving people more control over their money, making it easier for them to do businesses with us, and creating more opportunities for them to see value every day.
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture.
One of the goals for Group1001 is to foster a great culture. Group1001 will continue to build a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
The primary responsibilities of this position include completion of complex tax compliance filings, STAT and GAAP financial reporting of taxes and responding to taxing authorities, including timely and accurate preparation of tax returns, reports and payments, which are subject to a multitude of timetables and daily deadlines that must be consistently met to prevent substantial penalty and interest charges. This position will also research and document tax planning opportunities, assure compliance with federal, state, local and foreign tax laws, and identify and recommend tax planning opportunities to minimize tax payments and maximize cash flow.
- Prepares complex tax returns, reports and payments and ensures compliance with a multitude of timetables and daily deadlines for multiple companies under management.
- Works with other tax accountants and managers to ensure the accuracy of filings and compliance with multiple timetables and daily deadlines for multiple companies under management.
- Involved in STAT and GAAP financial reporting of taxes.
- Responds to taxing authorities for inquiries related to tax filings, preparations, and supporting documentation.
- Researches and documents tax planning opportunities in an effort to minimize tax payments and maximize cash flow.
- Participates in continuing and ongoing education related to tax compliance and reporting, the insurance industry, new accounting pronouncements and company standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- CPA or other advanced degree is strongly preferred
- 3- 5 years corporate tax experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP reporting as related to tax requirements
- Excellent oral, written, listening and presentation skills including the ability to clearly articulate complex information to others; must be able to communicate well with other departments, as well as external clients and customers
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and issues of all types
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and affiliates to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles
- Advanced working knowledge of basic office and PC applications, including MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology to work more efficiently, more productively and as an auditing tool