Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina. In addition, Clear Spring Health sponsors Medicare Prescription Drug plans in 42 states
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for general accounting and maintaining the Company’s financial systems, processes and internal controls. This is a “hands on” supervisory role that will assist with the oversight of the accounting team. This position has the lead responsibility for the financial closing process for the Clear Spring Health companies.
- Lead the monthly financial close process for all Clear Spring Health companies.
- Lead responsibility for internal controls related to the financial processes, including the review and preparation of reconciliations.
- Prepare/review account analysis as required including summarizing and presenting findings.
- Invoice review and approval.
- Lead preparation of statutory Quarterly and Annual Statements.
- Prepare/review annual audit reports.
- Assist with/review quarterly and annual regulatory filings, including premium taxes.
- Perform financial projects as directed.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple management functions.
- Ability to manage a staff.
- Good understanding of the insurance industry, and the regulatory reporting and filing processes.
- High level of proficiency with Excel and other commercial software.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- 7+ years of experience in financial and accounting roles, including previous supervisory/ management experience.