Customer Service Coordinator
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
**This position has a future start date of June 5th, 2023**
At Delaware Life Insurance Co., we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to work with. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (‘Group1001’): an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The role of the Customer Service Coordinator is responsible for answering inbound telephone inquiries and responding in a professional manner to customers and agents regarding annuities and investments with Delaware Life. This position will have access to on-line resources, systems, training materials, peers and various support teams. Delaware Life is committed to providing a high level of customer service that meets our service level agreements while educating the customer accurately on our products, procedures and regulations. This position must be customer focused: adapting to different customer styles, making sure that each caller's needs are fully understood and taking the appropriate action to meet and exceed the customer's expectations.
- Accurately providing information to all incoming inquiries regarding annuities, investments, tax implications, product information, procedures, and regulations
- Efficiently maneuvering through various computer systems and on-line resources in retrieving information while responding to customer inquiries
- Partners with our external business partners, when required, to resolve customer inquiries
- Effectively ensure that detailed electronic records are maintained by accurately documenting all actions taken.
- Meeting measurable department standards as they relate to call quality and efficiency measures as well as meeting teamwork, ownership, and professional development goals
- Learning, retaining, and updating one's knowledge of a wide variety of financial product information and internal processes and procedures, while adhering to strict financial industry rules and regulations.
- Efficiently utilizing all resources to ensure they are easily accessible when providing information to a client, or supporting a teammate, or manager
- Take ownership of customer issues by following requests through to completion and notifying appropriate personnel if problems exists.
- Display a positive attitude while adapting and being receptive to change
- Take initiative in developing skills by asking questions; investigating error sources to avoid future mistakes; making the best use of time between calls
- Excel in a culture that involves ongoing coaching and feedback from a variety of sources, to ensure the customer’s needs are satisfied
- Ability to work well in a team environment, strong sense of professionalism and reliability
- Display actions that align with the Vision, Mission, and Values of Delaware Life
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality required
- Ability to adhere to the work schedule of Monday – Friday from 9:45 AM – 6:15 PM
- 3 or more years of customer service experience preferred
- Customer service experience in Financial Services and/or insurance is a plus
- Candidate must be detail oriented with strong organization and prioritization skills
- Proven decision-making skills and ability to multi-task required
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills
- BA/BS degree preferred, or equivalent experience required