Internal Premium Auditor
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Premium Auditor (Internal/Phone Audits)
Wilkes Barre, PA or Remote
Clear Spring Property and Casualty is a leading provider of property and casualty insurance. Our future-forward strategy is rooted in deep industry knowledge and a mastery of emerging technologies. Clear Spring Property and Casualty Company is a subsidiary of Delaware Life Insurance Company and its parent company, Group1001. Our relationship with these organizations has yielded an innovative technology platform that provides smarter risk management solutions for property and casualty insurance brokers. Clear Spring is dedicated to Group1001's mission: making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’re confident in our forward-thinking products, and that you’ll love partnering with us.
The Premium Auditor will be responsible for performing timely and accurate worker’s compensation premium audits in Pennsylvania. These audits will be performed at the policy holder’s location. The Premium Auditor will be expected to schedule, plan and perform audits while settling any disputes that may arise. This is a home-based position that will be responsible for servicing an assigned territory in the surrounding areas of the home office. Travel varies in this position but can be expected at least four (4) days a week with some overnight travel.
- Prepare detailed audit reports in accordance with established premium audit policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Complete all assigned work in a timely manner and provide status update reports to the Premium Audit Manager on a weekly basis.
- Research, respond to and resolve audit disputes with a sense of urgency.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Brokers, Insureds, internal Staff and the PCRB.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Maintain cohesive working relationships with all areas of the corporation.
- Assist the Premium Audit Supervisor with other work or projects as assigned.
- 3 years of worker’s compensation premium audit experience required.
- The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Pennsylvania worker’s compensation manual.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and the ability to travel throughout Pennsylvania and/or the assigned territory.
- Extensive knowledge of PCRB rules and regulations is required.
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.