Agent and Licensing Contracting Specialist
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Agent and Licensing Contracting Specialist is the first point of contact for agents, independent marketing organizations or other distribution partners wishing to become licensed agents authorized to submit new and renewal annuity business with the Company. The Agent and Licensing Contracting Specialist is considered a subject matter expert for agent licensing, commissions, and new business processing, and is responsible for reviewing incoming agent appointment packets for completeness and accuracy, communicating with agents and IMOs regarding appointments and requirements, recommending agents’ hierarchical structure for commission processing, and researching and resolving commission and debit balance issues.
- Reviews incoming agent appointment packets and associated documents for accuracy, completeness, in addition to confirming agent affiliations and commission hierarchy.
- Researches and confirms existing licenses, compliance with continuing education, and other requirements for licensing.
- Recommends new agent appointments and submits completed agent appointment packet to Annuity Administration for processing.
- Communicates with agency/independent marketing organizations (IMO’s) regarding the status of agent appointments, outstanding items and completeness of all required documents and licenses.
- Responds effectively to agents’ requests for assistance, licensing guidelines and status.
- Researches and recommends requests for transferring and terminating agents; submits requests for processing by Annuity Administration.
- Oversees agent/distribution partners product training and continuing education (CE) compliance.
- Reviews weekly, month-end and year-end commission payments for accuracy. Investigates and resolves hierarchy commission questions, adjustments and corrections on behalf of an agent and/or IMO.
- Pro-actively communicates with and responds to agent/IMOs inquiries regarding concerns or questions regarding commissions, adjustments, debit balances, hold process, EFT, taxes and outstanding requirements.
- Maintains accurate records in associated systems including client relations management application (CRM/Salesforce) and document management system (OnBase.)
- 2+ years experience in agency administration, insurance industry administration with previous experience in an agency administration role. Knowledge of insurance and annuity products, insurance law, customer service, contract provisions and company operations.
- Associate degree in Business or equivalent training and experience
- Professional designations such as LOMA’s Fellow/Associate Life Management Institute (FLMI/ALMI), Fellow/Associate Secure Retirement Institute (FSRI/ASRI), Associate Customer Service (ACS), Associate Annuity Products Administration (AAPA) or demonstrated work toward achieving designations
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of complex agent contracts and appointments, state licensing requirements, as well as handling commission hierarchy and calculations.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and applications for processing new requests (LifeFit), working within the workflow queues (OnBase) and client relationship management (CRM/Salesforce).
- Demonstrated ability to employ 'entrepreneurial spirit' to service existing business and produce profitable new business.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in concert with internal and external managers and staff, and build productive positive relationships and with outside agents and IMO’s.
- Able to prioritize multiple detailed projects and be flexible with schedules.
- Demonstrated ownership and accountability for own performance and responsibility toward team.