Accounting Clerk (Entry Level)
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Axia Technology Partners (AxiaTP) empowers organizations in all industries to achieve operational excellence through managed IT services, unified communications and custom software solutions. AxiaTP was founded in 2008. Now a member of the Group 1001 family of companies, our team is a fast-growing Complete Technology Provider.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper will perform bookkeeping duties, such as coding, classifying, recording, posting, and processing day-to-day transactions, as well as ensuring accurate and timely financials and reporting for the company. Other duties include assisting on special projects or data compilation as needed. Success comes from someone who is detail-oriented, understands the big picture, has a willingness to follow through, can prioritize tasks, is computer savvy, and is a good communicator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Records: Prepare and maintain financial records using QuickBooks accounting software, including proper classification and entry of A/R, A/P, and credit card transactions.
- Accounts Receivable: Assist Billing Team as needed, coordinate with customers and third-party payment systems as required.
- Collections: Assist Billing Team in monitoring and managing A/R Aging reports, process payments, and contact clients for past due balances as necessary.
- Accounts Payable: Monitor and manage A/P Aging reports, including issuing vendor payments and corresponding with vendors as necessary.
- Credit Card Reconciliations: Perform monthly reconciliations of all credit card accounts, including coding, classifying, and verifying approvals.
- Monthly Closing entries: Enter approved month-end and year-end entries to assist in closing the books and records, as well as assist for budget reporting.
- Financial Reporting: Accurately and timely follow accounting procedures and financial reporting, on both scheduled and ad hoc bases.
- Other: Handle confidential information discretely. Maintain financial or administrative files according to prescribed electronic filing systems. Assist Finance or other departments as requested.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of bookkeeping or accounting experience preferred
- Associates degree in related field, or equivalent job experience
- Proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets
- Desire for success and willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and CRM tools
- Compliance with corporate philosophy and objectives
- Be a Team player and able to maintain professional working relationships and attitudes
- QuickBooks experience or expertise preferred