Annuity Product Structuring
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001 Overview
Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets, employees.
Group1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
In this position, you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to join us in offering our clients practical solutions with easy to understand features while delivering them with clarity and integrity.
This position reports to the Chief Product Officer. This position will serve in a lead role within the company’s Product Development and Management initiatives across annuity products (fixed, indexed, and variable).
The role will be a key position in the future growth of the company.
- Analyze and price complex annuity products and guaranteed benefits
- Develop and implement sophisticated financial models to price and perform risk assessments of potential annuity products or other savings/retirement vehicles
- Work collaboratively with marketing and other groups to assess potential market opportunities and interesting savings solutions for clients
- Develop and review potential design ideas for savings and protection products that would appeal to our selling agents and their clients
- Review, price, and recommend adjustments to product features that affect profitability and sales of existing and new products
- Maximize long term value consistent with the company’s strategic objectives, which often requires balancing the needs and considerations of a wide variety of constituencies, ranging from external clients, producers, and vendors to other internal areas (Legal/Compliance, Finance, Distribution, Operations, etc.)
- Minimum of five years of insurance product pricing, structured note pricing, or other related capital markets experience
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and derivative instruments
- Self-starter with the ability to drive projects forward
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence and build relationships across the organization.
- Experience in managing multiple, complex, corporate wide projects.
- Concise and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills to understand and anticipate the impact and opportunities across various projects.
- CFA, actuarial credentials, or other advanced degree in a quantitative or analytical field.
Group 1001 offers a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Life Insurance, and Flexible Time Off among other benefit plan options.