Junior Data Warehouse Developer
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Location: Park Ridge, IL
Clear Spring Health is a growing health insurance company within Group One Thousand One, a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. The Clear Spring Health financial team is in the Chicago area and provides all supporting financial services to its various health insurance plans and Clear Spring Health Holding Company.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Reports directly to Data Warehouse Manager, as Junior Data Warehouse Developer you will be part of the team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of data warehouse systems and related data marts. Assist with data design and the creation of database architecture and data repositories Support the entire data analysis tool stack, including ETL development, warehouse modeling and development, structured and unstructured data.
This is a full time 40 hour a week opportunity. The company offers a competitive benefits package, along with paid time off, tuition reimbursement and 401(k). A competitive salary is offered.
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot and test tasks necessary to develop Data Warehouse and data repositories including ETL solutions.
- Assist with data design and the creation of database architecture and data repositories.
- Work with team to ensure support documentation and training material is up to date.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Monitor and tune queries and data loads for reliability and availability of all data and ensure they work according to benchmark standards.
- Assist in any tasks as assigned in supporting the development and validation required through the lifecycle of the DWH and Business Intelligence systems, maintain user connectivity, and provide adequate security for data warehouse.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in data centric software development.
- Experience in ETL and data integration processes.
- Exposure to the concepts of data warehouse design.
- Understand data models and their relationship to data warehouse build.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and simultaneously work on multiple projects/assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions.
- Ability support the development and validations required through the lifecycle of the DWH and Business Intelligence systems, maintain user connectivity, and provide adequate security for data warehouse
- EDI X12 835, 837I & 837P knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. In addition, 1-3 or more years of related work experience in information technology and/or healthcare.
- Medicare experience desirable.
- 1+ years of experience as Microsoft T-SQL Developer
- 1+ years of experience as a SSIS Developer
- 1+ years of experience in scripting/coding language such as: SQL, Visual Basic, or C#
- .Net development experience is a plus