Director, IT Infrastructure
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Director of IT Infrastructure provides strategic leadership and guidance for all Group 1001 IT infrastructure and managing the staff who implement, maintain and provide support to the entire organization. Infrastructure includes all data center environments, circuits, networking, telephony, laptops/desktops/endpoints, servers and storage, email and productivity tools, infrastructure cloud solutions, back-ups and environment authentication. The IT Infrastructure staff consists of full-time and contractor resources in multiple Group 1001 locations. This team provides support of all technical environments and to end-users working within Group 1001 offices and/or remotely.
- Directing IT infrastructure staff to provide comprehensive and high-quality support to all Group 1001 users
- Evaluating, recommending and implementing new infrastructure solutions and services
- Maintaining and upgrading existing infrastructure solutions to ensure reliability, availability and scalability
- Managing third-party vendors, including cloud data center providers and managed service provides for networking and telephony
- Coordinating infrastructure staffing and solutions to support company-wide projects and initiatives
- Working closely with the IT Security team to ensure the Group 1001 security posture is complete and effective
- Providing detailed metrics related to department performance and service level achievement
- Directing all operations related to infrastructure systems hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security best practices, and backup
- Developing, implementing and maintaining corporate standards and specifications for hardware, software and computer networking
- Implementing and maintaining effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Developing and enacting policies and procedures to ensure consistent articulation of technology guidelines to the user community and technology staff
- Conducting routine staff evaluations to ensure technical skills levels and knowledge meet company needs
- Establishing staff develop plans to ensure the recruitment and retention of highly skilled staff as well as the development and promotion of current staff
- Managing infrastructure budget items
- Bachelors degree required
- 8+ years of direct, technical experience required
- 3+ years of people leading experience required
- Comprehensive and broad knowledge of all aspects of IT infrastructure
- Experience with leading and managing technical teams
- Experience with managing external vendors and establishing contracts and statements of work
- Excellent organization and time management skills; prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Specific Technical Skills Preferred
- Experience with maintaining and supporting corporate MPLS networks including, VPNs, routers and other physical networking hardware. Installing and configuring network equipment along with an understanding of firewalls both on physical and virtual devices. Cisco knowledge and experience preferred.
- Deploying Office/Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure AD Environments along with skills needed to deploy advanced Microsoft 365 Services including Enterprise and Mobility and architect Office/Microsoft 365 Service Environments.
- Experience with both private and public cloud data center management of corporate application stacks and data. The technical tasks involved in planning, architecting, migrating, monitoring, and managing a company's cloud systems.