Policy Service Representative
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
The Policy Service Representative is responsible for transactions related to service for in force annuity contracts, which may include all financial and non-financial transactions and death claims. The Representative may also perform limited research and analysis for requested transactions, respond to and communicate with outside annuity clients (agents, beneficiaries, trustees, attorneys, POA's).
• Reviews and processes incoming annuity policy service requests which may include partial and full withdrawals, 1035 Exchange transactions, beneficiary and ownership changes, questions regarding complex contract provisions or values, annuitization quotes and illustrations.
• Researches, responds and/or processes tasks submitted by Customer Service Call Center.
• Reviews, analyzes, and processes death claim distributions that may include establishing supplemental contracts, distributions under "stretch" processing, or lump sum distributions to single or multiple beneficiaries.
• Researches and responds to contract owners' inquiries regarding their annuity contract by telephone, FAX, e-mail, and written correspondence.
• Calculates taxable implications of financial transactions and reporting as needed to comply with state and federal regulations. Verifies and makes corrections or additions to Forms1099 or 5498 as needed.
• Prefers Associate’s degree in Business or equivalent training or experience
• 1-3 years’ experience in life insurance and/or annuities
• Ability to learn quickly and understand complex systems
• Organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task
• Strong communication skills, including oral and written skills
• Strong understanding of insurance and ability to analyze and understand tax income applications
• Ability to prioritize workflow, establish and meet deadlines, and manage multiple concurrent tasks
• Professional designations such as LOMA’s Associate Life Management Institute (ALMI), Associate Customer Service (ACS), Associate Annuity, Products and Administration (AAPA) or Fellow Secure Retirement Institute (FSRI) preferred but not required
• Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, and various software packages such as MS Word and Excel