Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
G1001 Innovations is a newly formed platform within Group1001, which focuses on investing in emerging asset classes and companies. G1001 Innovations is seeking an investment professional to join its team focused on innovative investments and specialty lending opportunities. This Associate will support the origination, underwriting and management of investments for Group 1001’s more than $55 billion balance sheet. Investments will include debt and equity across various industries—such as insurance, financial services, real estate and technology—and will span a variety of asset classes, including, but not limited to, venture debt, venture equity, structured credit, asset-backed lending and private equity. In particular, the role will involve bespoke and special situations financing solutions. This individual will work directly with the innovation team on the analysis of new investment opportunities that fit the strategic mandate. The Associate will be a critical addition to G1001 Innovations’ focus on supporting leading players in consumer-centric and tech-enabled financial services.
- Originate investment opportunities by establishing and maintaining relationships with entrepreneurs, intermediaries, and other investors
- Perform surveillance of existing investments, including reviewing performance reports and third-party research, following news and developments, interacting with internal/external subject matter experts, and advising portfolio companies
- Develop and analyze financial models, including investment scenario analyses
- Perform due diligence and conduct market research for potential investments
- Prepare marketing presentations, term sheets and analysis of emerging industries and novel asset classes, as well as reports and materials for internal and external consumption
- Maintain investment files, which include providing memorandums for initial transaction approval, periodic written commentary, updated cashflows and analytics for existing investments
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic track record
- Related work experience in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking
- Experience with financial statement evaluations and cash flow modeling, as well as venture capital or private equity valuations required
- Strong quantitative skills: Microsoft Excel modeling experience required
- Familiarity with legal documents
- High level of analytical, strategic, and lateral thinking; attention to detail and precision
- Strong executive presence with skills in presentation development and delivery
- Ability to work independently, taking ownership of projects by acting as project manager as well as working in a “hands-on” capacity
- Personal drive and determination; comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.