Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
The Data Analyst position is responsible for the maintenance of an integrated data warehouse and data transformation programs. This position works in conjunction with other investment operations team members. The role will focus on managing the current data warehouse, including ongoing daily support of production process, development, and maintenance of the current data model for the data warehouse, and key support of reporting strategy, data governance standards, and data quality. The position is a hands-on role responsible for analyzing and understanding business needs to translate needs into developed requirements and approaches and facilitate the implementation of the solution, with a key focus on continued development and improvement of the data model as well as and testing and support.
- Participates in the design of the data model for specific data subjects, analyzing the data, and developing requirements, including the initial technical design, and working with developers through implementation.
- Maintains focus on designing solutions that balance system flexibility, accuracy, and fast processing time.
- Implements data quality rules to ensure that all data sources are consistent and accurate.
- Develops detailed prototypes to help flush out requirements and to give the end-users some improvements in their process.
- Works directly with business users to assist in support of the systems and solutions. Balances the timely support of the production environment with the longer-term delivery of ongoing maintenance and enhancements.
- Utilizes technology tools to enhance data analysis and data presentation skills to identify issues or gaps.
- BA/BS with a concentration in Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in investment management, with a focus on data and technology.
- Strong technical background and experience with Python, R, and SQL.
- Proficiency with BlackRock Aladdin is preferred.
- Strong quantitative and computational skills.