Assistant Actuarial Analyst, Model Production
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
ASSISTANT ACTUARIAL ANALYST, MODEL PRODUCTION
Actuarial | Indianapolis
FOCUSED ON WHAT MATTERS TO OUR PARTNERS AND CLIENTS
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to work with every time.
Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One: an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients every time.
Delaware Life Insurance Company welcomes college graduates to apply to join us an Assistant Actuarial Analyst, Model Production in our Actuarial Department. The Assistant Actuarial Analyst will be a part of the actuarial model production team that perform various financial analyses.
This position will report to the Assistant Vice President, Model Production.
- Input and analysis of data into company actuarial models.
- Set up the actuarial models and run them in a production environment for various valuation and projections.
- Produce model reports and calculate sensitivities of the results
- Work to enhance existing processes to improve the quality and efficiency of information gathering and flow.
- Ensure adequate controls over the model production work process.
- Perform peer reviews of model reports and output.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, economics, math, physics, engineering or related field.
- Interest in and commitment to taking actuarial exams.
- Strong analytical skills
- Exposure to financial modeling
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel (including VBA) and database tools (Microsoft Access, SQL, etc.)
- Willingness to work slices of unusual hours to expedite modeling tasks