Vice President of Sales, Commercial Equipment
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
RVI Group is a Stamford based residual value insurance company serving both lessors and investors in the passenger vehicle, commercial equipment and commercial real estate markets. Residual value insurance protects against a decline in market value of tangible assets and is a critical tool for asset risk and lease accounting. The flexibility of residual value insurance allows us to tailor coverage to meet the objectives of each unique client.
This position requires an individual with solid sales capability and experience in leasing and equipment finance. Primary responsibilities for this position include sales and marketing of RVI’s insurance products, new client acquisition, management of client relationships and serving as RVI’s representative in the market. Accounting background is a plus.
In addition to the supervisor, this individual works closely with sales colleagues, the client services and risk management teams, and has interaction with clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate premium by finding, targeting and screening transactions in accordance with the sales plan
- Build a residual value insurance book of business from program and one-off transactions
- Build and foster relationships with prospects and clients
- Execute a sales plan and related calling plan
- Ensure potential deals progress through the underwriting process and close
- Represent RVI at industry conferences and events
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a process to keep RVI in front of non-client major lessors
- Research opportunities within target accounts
Education and Experience:
- College degree required, preferably in finance, accounting or economics
- Ten plus years of sales experience with an excellent track record of achieving results
- Ten or more years of experience in the equipment leasing industry
Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Proven ability to drive revenue growth and generate new business
- Excellent sales, marketing and client relationship management skills
- Capability to quickly learn and adopt new sales processes
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to build, maintain and expand a wide network of relevant contacts within the equipment leasing industry
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply skills effectively using various applications
Key Competencies (self management, collaboration and leadership)
- Ability to develop and articulate the rationale for complex business transactions
- A self-directed individual with a track record of demonstrating responsibility for results regardless of external circumstances
- Strong work ethic and drive to achieve
- Capability to develop and implement strategies and plans to tap unmet market and client needs
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills across organization and client base
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong presentation skills
- Well-developed discipline in working efficiently and achieving results, both independently and collaboratively