Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Gainbridge, a part of the Group 1001 enterprise, is a self-managed, innovative, digital platform providing its clients with direct access to trusted financial products to smartly grow their savings over time. Gainbridge strives to offer products through its platform that are simple, intuitive, and backed by smart technology with no complexity or hidden fees. Gainbridge empowers clients to take control of the financial future with simple solutions that are accessible to everyone no matter their budget.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer for Gainbridge who will partner closely with Gainbridge Product Management and internal technology teams to define a technical roadmap for the Gainbridge B2C and B2B product platforms. You will support the VP of Engineering as a systems architect/liaison across key stakeholders in technology. You are comfortable working in a greenfield environment delivering enterprise-class solutions to the market. You enjoy solving seemingly intractable puzzles in innovative yet pragmatic ways. You hold yourself and others accountable for routinely delivering mission-critical outcomes. You are viewed as a trusted, intellectually honest partner within your team and across functional boundaries. You continually ask yourself, “What is accurate and what should be done about it?”
This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Contribute to and execute an engineering strategic roadmap, in collaboration with key stakeholders, to meet the needs and business objectives of the organization.
- In collaboration with the Engineering team, define a modern, pragmatic, robust, and secure technical architecture for enterprise-grade solutions.
- Influence and establish engineering best practices.
- Drop down into engineering teams as needed to understand and solve problems for mission-critical initiatives.
- Recommend and implement best practice solutions, machines, processes, and tools to ensure systematic delivery of great outcomes.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal teams and with third-party vendors.
- Leverage broad skills across technology and business to plug gaps and deliver on priorities as needed while the organization is built.
- Technology leadership experience supporting multiple, high-profile initiatives across several independent teams/disciplines.
- Excellent analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into meaningful synthesis suitable for executive decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with the head of Engineering to actualize the vision.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with goal tracking and competency supporting oversight of multiple concurrent project initiatives.
- Track record of balancing the coordination of fast-paced daily priorities with important, longer-term strategic efforts.
- BS degree in computer science, or another technical field, with B2B and B2C experience.
- 15+ years of experience delivering technology products.
- Experience working directly within technology teams as a solution architect, trusted expert, and force multiplier for mission-critical initiatives.
- Experience partnering with product, business, and program management teams.
- Experience working in leading financial services organizations.
- High integrity, high-security mindset.
- High sense of ownership and accountability for results.
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions.
Competitive salary of $200,000-$215,000, based on experience, 401k match plus medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, benefits and a generous vacation package.