Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
The Contract Recruiter position is a professional opportunity responsible for sourcing, selecting, and hiring great talent for Group 1001, and its subsidiary companies. This position is responsible for the full life-cycle recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt positions for all job levels. The functional areas this role supports includes, Operations, Finance, IT, Sales, and Legal and Compliance. This position works with hiring managers across the different businesses for the placement of roles in various work locations and offices across the U.S.
The preferred work location for this position will be Indianapolis. This role will also work closely with the Senior Recruiter and other Human Resources colleagues.
- Partner with Hiring Managers and conduct engagement meetings to discuss details of the position and develop a recruitment strategy.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process, including sourcing, screening resumes, conduct phone interviews, engagement, meetings, presenting candidates to hiring managers, negotiations and hiring.
- Coach hiring managers on the interview process to ensure optimal selection of top talent.
- Develop, communicate and negotiate employment offers to candidates, coordinate offer packages with HR team.
- Manage Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Jobvite, job posting and open position information.
- Train hiring managers on best practices for utilizing Jobvite (ATS) to review candidates and communicate with HR.
- Create job descriptions and post openings in appropriate avenues.
- Coordinate interview scheduling.
- If applicable, administer agency contracts.
- Communicates with candidates and hiring managers throughout the process.
- Manage the candidate experience; collaborate with internal interview teams to train, consult, and deliver a consistent and positive experience reflective of company’s values.
- Conduct reference checks as needed.
- Support diversity hiring efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of recruiting experience, including agency and corporate recruitment experience.
- Must be self-directed and have demonstrated ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Inspired by the startup environment, with a high attention to detail, strong sense of urgency and stellar time management/organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills with ability to influence.
- Strong customer service orientation, focus and mindset
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships and partnerships.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems.
- Knowledge of employment and immigration law preferred.
- Strong ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities with competing demands.
- Experience in a fast-growing company where you understand flexibility and adaptability in a rapidly changing environment.