Director Hedging and Quantitative Solutions
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
Group1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Delaware Life Insurance Company is looking for a director to join our Hedging and Quantitative Solutions team. The position will support our hedging function for fixed index and variable annuities through applying knowledge of mathematics, computer programming, financial instrument pricing methodologies, and actuarial principles to 1. perform calculations of asset and liability analytics, 2. develop hedge recommendations, 3. measure and report hedge program performance attribution, and 4. maintain and develop tools and procedures to support this activity.
This position will report to VP, Hedging and Quantitative Solutions.
- Valuation of derivative positions and analytics for purposes of hedging and financial reporting
- Attribution analysis of hedge program movement
- Follow, update, and improve hedge program documentation
- Maintain existing derivatives valuation applications (C#, SQL, Python, Numerix) and expand their capabilities to meet new demands
- Development of risk-neutral and real-world economic scenarios
- Document any required code changes as part of established change management procedures
- Provide work product in a timely manner and be able to explain results
- Coordinate with other teams/individuals including investment accounting, actuarial, financial planning, risk, and audit
- Interface with Model Risk Committee as part of the change management process
- Interface with Asset / Liability Committee as part of hedge performance reporting and monitoring
- Maintains a balance between day-to-day activities and the development of the strategic direction for the area and enterprise
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, economics, math, physics, engineering or related field
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or related advanced degree required
- 10+ years of experience in quantitative derivatives analysis, variable annuities, and/or other related actuarial work
- Advanced expertise in Excel (including VBA and PowerQuery), C#, Python, and SQL
- Experience with Numerix or similar derivatives modeling libraries
- Strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills; and significant experience analyzing insurance products and asset portfolios
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills