Assistant Actuarial Analyst
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Group1001 is on a mission to empower consumers. Our family of companies share a common goal: giving people more control over their money, making it easier for them to do businesses with us, and creating more opportunities for them to see value every day. Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
- Input and analysis of data into company actuarial models used for various modeling purposes, including reserve valuation.
- Set up the actuarial models and run them in a production environment for various projections. Participate in special projects as needed, including model development work.
- Produce model reports and analyze the results in support of management and regulatory needs.
- Work to enhance existing processes to improve the quality and efficiency of information gathering and flow.
- Ensure adequate controls over the modeling process.
- Perform peer reviews of model reports and output.
- Collaborate with individuals throughout the organization, with an emphasis on model efficiency and effectiveness. This is expected to include in-person work in our home office on a hybrid basis.
- Continue progress towards professional designation through company supported Actuarial Student Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, economics, math, physics, engineering or related field.
- 0-3 years of professional actuarial experience, with exposure to valuation, financial modeling, or data analysis preferred
- At least one actuarial exam passed
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Proficiency in Excel (including VBA) and exposure to a database tool (Microsoft Access, SQL, etc.)
- Willingness to work slices of unusual hours to expedite work