Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
Clear Spring Health is part of Group One Thousand One (“Group1001”), a customer-centric insurance group whose mission is to make insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible so that everyone feels empowered to achieve financial security. Clear Spring Health is dedicated to helping seniors protect their health and well-being by providing Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia, plus Georgia and South Carolina and offers Medicare Prescription Drug Plans in 42 states plus DC.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be involved with the review and preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, cash management, financial controls, the financial closing and financial reporting processes.
- Preparation and review of financial statements, including Quarterly and Annual Statement filings
- Responsible for preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and other duties as part of the monthly financial close
- Prepare/review account analysis as required including summarize and present findings
- Preparation and review of insurance regulatory filings
- Assist with various CMS Medicare required processes involving transaction reconciliation
- Maintain Holding Company and non-insurance company general ledgers
- Create and update internal controls related to the financial processes and continually evaluate and improve controls
- Provide support for independent audits, Medicare audits and state insurance department exams
- Oversight in projection and budget preparation
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Insurance Industry and Statutory Financial Reporting experience
- Experience with Managed Care insurance and Medicare Part D products
- Good understanding of the health insurance industry, its products, financials and operations
- Strong knowledge of insurance financial systems
- 5+ years of progressive experience in financial and accounting roles, supervisory experience a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple functions
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and financial software, Oracle a plus
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- CPA or equivalent financial designation a plus