Senior Manager, Operations
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
The Senior Manager, Operations position will be responsible for overseeing the management and coordination of the operations function in support of the administration of annuity policies. This role will be closely managing the day-to-day operations of business and providing strategic guidance to improve efficiency of the team.
- Identify, develop and mentor a team of operations professionals to service annuity products written by Delaware Life Insurance Company (“DLIC”) by utilizing a newly developed service platform
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure the accurate and efficient administration of policies including new business processing, fund pricing and trading, entry of transactions, commissions processing, entry of licensing and appointments of agents, and transaction reconciliations.
- Manage process for NIGO call outs and case resolution
- Support policy deployment in the areas of on-time delivery and on-site performance measures
- Coordinate and partner with internal Legal and Compliance team members to ensure all applicable regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Provide day to day management and leadership for the operations team through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Assist in developing industry standard service metrics and reports metrics
- Monitor metrics to ensure the team is meeting desired performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, required and advanced level degree a plus
- 8+ years relevant operations experience and management experience, required; and financial services and/or insurance experience, preferred
- Series 6 or 7 required, Series 26 certifications a plus
- Experience leading and motivating an operation team/function, and influence others outside of direct reporting relationship
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills