Senior Business Process Analyst
Group1001 is a consumer-centric, technology-driven family of insurance companies on a mission to deliver outstanding value and operational performance by combining financial strength and stability with deep insurance expertise and a can-do culture. Group1001’s culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, communication, core business focus, risk management, and striving for outcomes. This goal extends to how we hire and onboard our most valuable assets – our employees.
At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.
Senior Business Process Analyst role is responsible for supporting the annuity business line which includes Delaware Life’s legacy block and new product sales. The Business Analyst proactively communicates and collaborates with business units across the organization to support their business priorities and deliver efficiencies. The primary responsibility of the role will be in support of technology interfaces utilized in the industry to enable firms in their selling and post-sale activities. The role will also be responsible for working with our Third-Party Administrator (TPA), internal technical and support teams, supporting new product releases and maintenance of existing platforms and processes.
As a member of the Operations Team the role will partner with other Business Process Analyst’s to drive change and improvements. The position will actively interface with business intermediaries to understand and meet their needs.
- Provide support to business areas, investigating operational and technical problems/inquiries, and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Work with various business units to ensure that solutions are produced in accordance with the business requirements and are effectively validated.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and assigns and monitors tasks.
- Successfully manage competing priorities and navigate within ambiguity.
- Identify and communicate detailed specifications or technology and operations capabilities in support of variable annuity products.
- Ensure needs and requirements of distribution partners are understood, documented, and communicated, in detail, to our development and operations teams.
- Review product and technical details of interface work including potential testing of files and data feeds
- Work with vendors to ensure deliverables are tracked and expectations are shared and managed to various stakeholders as required.
- Review and test work completed by vendors pertaining to order entry platforms, DTCC files, and other services.
- Bachelor’s degree, required and advanced level degree a plus
- 8-10 years relevant annuity administration and operations experience
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic data interface (EDI) for annuities such as DTCC files, order entry platforms and other technology interfaces with distribution partners
- Previous experience working with industry vendors such as Ebix, Insurance Technologies, DTCC, iPipeline, DST, etc. preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of annuity distribution partners and their technical requirements
- Detail oriented, with an analytical approach.
- Ability to think critically
- Comfortable learning on the job
- Previous business analysis and/or project management experience preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong team leader and results oriented